Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A decade in New Zealand April 22nd 2004 - 2014


Hard to believe that ten years has passed since we got off a plane at Auckland International airport with a one way ticket from the UK. We've had ups and downs along the way but mostly ups. The upside being that it was the right thing for us to do. We haven't looked back and although we do miss family and friends we hope one day some of them will come and see us in New Zealand, lots of promises were made last year when we went back and we're holding them to that promise. We were going to go out for a meal but Michael is working away for a few days, there's also a party in the pipeline but the date falls in between two holiday weekends, so that date in pending.
I've spent best part of the afternoon going though a gazillion photographs and I've randomly selected the ones you'll see on the video. They are not in any particular order, I used Picasa as they store all the photos I share on this blog, convenient to find but the video option is a bit of a pain and pretty limited, but hey ho it's done. So since I posted this I've had to re-do the whole thing using movie maker, thanks Picasa for being shite!
So anyway, sit back, relax and share with us memories made in New Zealand.
Here's to the next ten years. 
Enjoy.


16 comments:

  1. Bloody excellent!! See I am the best thing that has happened to you!!!!! Right lets get on with the next ten years worth of memories for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth the drama to see it all together, yep NEXT!! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, what fantastic memories. Isn't it amazing how quickly kids grow up. My family left NZ for Australia 35 years ago this coming July! Wow that makes me feel old (I was 7yo). All your hard work on the video was well worth it Sue xxRach @ Critter Cottage xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can't remember him being like that, he's such a lump now and all grown up and doing his own thing.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:11 am

    Brilliant video, I really enjoyed this post. Enjoy your anniversary xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your montage of memory brilliance! and sat there, gob open over just how beautiful everything is and how happy everyone looks, just gorgeous pics - does it feel like it's whizzed by? and 2 Sues too btw, love it!!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does feel impossible that 10 years has passed, but it only feels like yesterday! Is that weird? NZ is great, you should put it on your bucket list!

      Delete
  5. That looks like a fun filled and varied 10 years! Here's to the next 20.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Looks like 10 years of happy people and not to forget the animals. Great idea to put it on a video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good way of showing off the photos I just wish I could do it quicker lol!

      Delete
  7. Time flies when you're having fun :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary, a bit late, but than never. Enjoyed the video. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.