Thursday, May 20, 2010

Quilting project - 'A lovely Place' wallhanging

My name is Sue and I'm a quilterholic! And so the addiction begins! Whilst my bed quilt is at the quilters having the backing put on and the quilting done I felt I just had to do another one. So last Friday I went with a friend to Grandmothers Garden, and after what seemed like an age of 'ooh' and 'aah'ing and possibly a little drooling I bought a small kitset:
I also bought the optional extras:
These are the fabrics provided:
First my sewing skills were pushed to the max, I can cross stitch but have never really embroidered, but it was pretty easy, the design was already printed on the calico, so all I had to do was follow the lines. Running stitch was easy, back stitch is fine, satin stitch was okay, and the French knots made me sweat a bit, but once I got the hang of them I could have quite happily got knotted!!
Once the centre embroidered panel was done, then the quilting could begin....

Oh dear, I have to got to Spotlight tomorrow....again.... ;-D... to get some wadding and something to back it with. This is not a big quilt so I will quilt by hand, using the KISS* method.

*KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid

Okay.....what can I make now ??????

5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Sue!!!! I have all these ideas, and projects bought....I just never do them! ARGHHHH!!!!! I really must motivate to finish some of them! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:52 am

    Oh dear. I think you may have an addiction on your hands. Is there a 12 step program for quiltaholics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here Debby, got a cross stitch on the go and more in the cupboard lol! Must get them out and get on with them.
    Mel - only if they're in blocks! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandmothers Garden is dangerous place

    now you have nearly got that finished you can join in the scrap quilt he he

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Leanne, but have I enough scraps? lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.