Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Can you spot the difference?

I lost hours yesterday playing with my blog, funny how that can happen. It wasn't planned but I was reading some other peoples blogs and I thought, how come they have all these extra features, and clicky bits and ooh what's that bit there...and well I was jealous I tell ya! I wanted an Oompah Loopah daddy!!Well daddy wasn't available cos he was knocking out the ZZzzzz's in the UK!!

So I went exploring and bravely went when no Sue has gone before! I clicked on 'Customize'. Well there was a moment of slight panic when I changed the template and it announced that any other settings would be lost if I went ahead! I thought 'What settings?' and clicked anyway. So there I was looking at a blank screen with boxy things on it! I thought 'Oh!' Then I saw 'Add a gadget'. Coming from a gadget loving family I thought 'I gotta get me some of them!' Had no idea what they were going to be, what they were going to do or whether I would actually have any use for them I threw caution to the wind and clicked on it! Visions of all the other 'useful' gadgets residing on the top of the cupboards in the hallway gathering dust, fleeted across my mind briefly, but I pushed them to the back of my mind...not relevant...no-one dusts in cyberspace!

It wasn't half as scary as I thought it would be, there was just one application I couldn't get to work properly but found another way of putting up a slideshow of blog photos, that is such a neat option. Other options are as follows:

Labels Like tags. If you look under the text "About me" on the right hand side, you will see an alphabetical list of 'labels'. These are a quick link to some of the subject matter in the blog posts, if for example you would like to read about what's happening 'At home' then click on that and it will select all posts with that label. There is a number in brackets beside each label, this just denotes how many posts available to view. This is also a great way of reading older posts without scrolling down through all the pages. Check it out, it's great.

Blog archive This function has always been there, it works the same way as 'labels' it shows month by month posts

Search this blog Probably not really needed as the 'labels' function may cover it, but if your search needs to be more specific this may help, just type in the box what you wish to search for and click search.

My blog list Self explanatory really, these are just links to blogs I am following

Followers People who are following me

Links to forums and other sites of interest Again self explanatory. these are just site that I like to visit and contribute to.

Now to top it all, as if that wasn't enough I hear ya yell..OI! Who just said 'Please! No more!'? Tough luck there is more! haha

Reactions Below each post and just under where it says, Posted by Sue..etc, comments, e-mail icon, labels, you will notice, I hope, 'Reactions' with three options to tick, 'Interesting, cool, great' This is for all those very shy people who choose not to leave comments!! All you need to do is click a box. Have fun.

And last but not least,
Banner picture At the top of the page we now have a photo, looks blooming good doesn't it? It's one of my favourite shots I took of Joe surf fishing at Raglan, as the sun set. It sums up what it's all about really, Living the good life.

6 comments:

  1. Lol,glad you had some fun with your blog set up.Its quite addictive I must say.
    Keep up the posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is addicitive you're right. I had neglected it quite a bit,Facebook took over, and although it's ok I still think the blog is much nicer way of recording your news. Now It looks better I can carry on now. Thanks for reading. PS had a peek of your too, good stuff, I shall get nothing done at all soon haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL you have been busy (as well as checking out your readers!) Looks great, need to have a play with mine obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I can do it, then anyone can! It was when I was adding labels to all the posts, I thought ah! there's Wino...and the rest is history! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue I don't see your banner ... Ha just kidding. ;) Great gadgeting and klicky thing adding, welcome back to to the crazy blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arrgh! Don't scare me like that! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.