Saturday, May 01, 2010

Home Brewing - cider making continued

After 4 days of stirring the mix (the bucket had been covered with a tea towel) I put the lid on. Some little flies had got under the cloth and I can't have them buggers drinkin' me booze can I?
The airlock needs water in the u bend so that gases can escape but no air gets in. There is a line that acts as a marker, I slightly over filled it oops!
I'll just leave this in the bucket for a while now. I haven't any demijohns to rack it into as yet. It wont do it any harm.
I might shoot out today and buy another fermenting bucket as I was given 3 buckets of feijoas
Got to do something with them and you can never have enough wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.