Thursday, July 14, 2011

UFO July, end of week 2......well nearly!

I didn't think I'd get around to achieving this at all, but the weather has turned to custard and winter is definately here. To me it's not really cold but then some of that could be my age and the odd power surge! Anyway, there was no craft get together today so I decided to knuckle down and get on with my nephew Aston's quilt top. I'm rather pleased with it, it's probably the neatest one I've done yet as far as the seams go, it even looks pretty good on the back.



On my way out tomorrow (provided we're not cut off from floods) I will drop it into the quilting shop to be professionally quilted. When I get it back I will only need to do the binding, so whilst I'm waiting for I shall crack on with this....

...this time a quilted wool blanket in the same style as mine but with more manly colours. It's for my soon to be 16 year old nephew Jack.


2 comments:

  1. That quilt is great, I know my son would love all the trucks on it.

    I thought it would be a great idea to put a dragon in to the quilt I'm working on which involves paper piecing! I've never done it before and is much trickier than I imagined so progress is slow with my UFO's. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do a quilt that involves using different techniques. UFOs first though :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.