Saturday, February 20, 2016

Time for a catch up............

Ya know what?? Time flies by so fast it's getting scary. It's nearly a month since I last posted, that's just ridiculous. Now I have to try and remember what I did.....

Ah yes, the chaps finished putting down the decking boards! Hurrah! The railings are next, when we've gathered together more funds, until then we have to avoid falling off the edge. Or leaping from it like a fox terrier did chasing the hawk as it flew by! Stoopid mutt, he was ok, a bit tender the next day though methinks, he was limping slightly. 
No damage done thankfully.




There were a couple of Suesdays 
and yes, there are more books.
 Cute dragonfly pot and a selection of small cutters

I read Tuesdays with Morrie in an afternoon
I gave it 5 Stars "5 stars simply aren't enough for this book. So very moving and lessons for us all to be learned within this book. "A teacher to the last" Yes indeed.

One afternoon it was so hot I just grabbed a big bottle of water and a book and sat in the spa, we've turned the temperature down. I didn't quite finish it in the spa but I did later that evening.
I read ....
The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve I enjoyed it, an easy read and perfect for a hot summers day. 
I gave it 3 stars.

More books were found on another Suesday
My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara I read as a girl, I loved horse books....a lot, so this is a nostalgic buy for me.
I love books with a past and I get quite excited when I find old books with messages in

Who were they? I imagine them reading the book and wonder what they thought of it.
You'll never get that feeling with a kindle eh.

We continue to harvest from the greenhouse and Joe's picked all the corn and put it in the freezer the other day. I've been very disheartened with the veggie garden this year. The insects and bugs have benefited from it all more than us this year. That's how it is some years sadly.

 Playing with the big lens from the deck.









 Tiger was a willing model the other day
....he'll do anything for food.







Sue and I did a two hour lesson at Snapshot in Hamilton last Wednesday evening, it was to help us understand our camera better. The aim being getting it off Auto and start taking photos using the manual settings. We went to Hamilton gardens on Friday for a field trip.
I'll do a separate post for those photos though.

So until next time.......see ya xx


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.