Saturday, September 12, 2009

In the vegetable garden and the strawberry tower







The vegetable garden has grown since the last time I posted, some new raised beds have been added and there are quite a few veggies growing well. There are new potatoes, broad beans, broccolli, cauliflower, cabbage and some sprouts that may not do anything at all. Might be too late for them now. There are carrots, onions, garlic and shallots and soon we will need to start some summer veggies such as tomatoes, pumpkins, runner and french beans etc.

Last year when at a garden centre I saw a great idea for planting strawberry plants. I will let the pictures explain themselves
















3 comments:

  1. That the best strawberry thingy I seen for a long time. Nice blog btw, I do like the Banner pic aswell
    Daisysmum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Daisysmum, I think iut's a good thingy too. Ya can't beat a good thingy ;-D I took the banner pic, it's my other half attempting to catch fish at Raglan. I shan't mention that we had to call at the fish and chip shop on the way home! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sue.. yea I know bit slow on the uptake with this post but I love this strawberry tower brilliant idea, question though, what's the extra gizmo in the middle for?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.