Sunday, December 20, 2009

Good food!

There was so much lovely food at Joe's party and I'm so annoyed with myself for not taking some photos, but sometimes you can just get carried away with the moment.
I'd prepared some dishes during the day and our guests came with their plates of goodies to provide us all with a veritable feast.
I had prepared a large bowl of coleslaw, some peppers(capsicums) cut in half, with peeled cherry tomatoes, drizzled with olive oil with garlic, thyme and basil, these are just lovely. We also had lamb shoulder chops with a mint marinade (shop bought), our homekill sausages and some rather lovely kebabs. I shall share the kebab recipe with you as they were really lovely and very popular. We also had asparagus spears wrapped in Proscuttio ham, spinkled with sea salt, brushed with olive oil and grilled on the bbq! They were to die for and the worst thing is we are at the end of the asparagus season!!!

Ok the kebab recipe is a variation on a basic recipe from my bbq recipe book. And as you know me by now what I actually made was basically that but multiplied by about a 100 with just a slight variation where the spices were concerned.

My recipe was as follows:

2 packs of beef mince
2 packs of pork sausagemeat
1 very large shallot, finely chopped
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups breadcrumbs
3 eggs
fresh chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
Some mixed spices from a pack of bbq meat rub.

Method:
Shove it all in a big bowl, get yer hands in and squidge it altogether, take a handful, you will need to use some flour on the benchtop and on your hands or you'll get in a right state! Well I did!! :D

Roll the mixture into sausage shapes, insert a wooden skewer and place on a tray, brush with olive oil and grill.
Be careful when you remove them from the tray to cook, the skewers came out of a couple and left the meat behind, use a fish slice. Once cooked they are fine.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:11 pm

    The kebabs sound delicious, so does the asparagus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were very good, everyone commented on them, will most definately make them again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy yummy I want some in my tummy. What a good idea Sue, something different for a BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy too, and very yummy in the tummy! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.