Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas over for another year


Ah well and so it's all over for another year. Christmas Day started off wet but it stopped raining as the day wore on, it remained overcast all day though.
We opened our pressies after a leisurely cup of tea in bed. Michael got some new clothes and loadsamoney from his grandparents!
After our walk on the beach in the morning with the dogs which has become our Christmas Day custom, we came home and chilled out. We watched Joes new DVD, Top Gear's winter olympics which was very funny then had a late lunch of roast turkey, freshly dug minted new potatoes, a green salad with our free range eggs, brie, melon and whatever else I could find! With a lovely fresh loaf of bread and a bottle of Sauvingnon Blanc it was a very nice lunch indeed.
In the evening we nipped out to some of the neighbours and friends for a drink and exchanged some presents. Then we headed home for bed.
All in all it was a lovely relaxed day.
It was good to catch up too with all the family and friends on either on MSN or by phone. It was good to see you and talk to you all and we're lookin forward to the time when you come join us for a holiday.

Before I go I'll say that I've uploaded heaps of little movie clips on to You Tube, click on the link in the title.
We hope you all had a wonderful day, enjoy the rest of your holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:45 am

    Hello,
    I've seen your comments on the River Cottage forum and would like to invite you to view a friendly countryside forum - we only started 6 weeks ago and have 159 members. Your lifestyle rings a bell with me - we have a 5 acre smallholding in North Wales and tried to move to NZ years ago but it never happened - we still regret it.
    Our forum can be found at www.overthegate.co.uk
    I thought that this was a more likely way of contacting you than a PM on RC - it didn't sound as though you were coming back.
    I'm Kaz on Over the Gate.
    It would be nice to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, that the beautiful Pohutukawa flowering at Christmas is one of the things I miss now I live in Australia.. I had a wonderful old friend and she said to me if it flowers before Christmas Day it would be a hot summer, she never proved that theory wrong... I have enjoyed wandering through your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy, they are a lovely tree aren't they? We say every year we're going to drive up the Coromandel and see them all in bloom, but as yet we haven't got there, maybe this year. We were in Raglan at the weekend and noticed as we were having some lunch at the Orca cafe that one was flowering outside. Perhaps we're in for a hot one then!
    Thank you for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.