Sunday, July 01, 2007

Too wet to be outside

Oh well, we've given up trying to do anything outside today, it's just so wet and has been for ages, or so it seems. We've had the odd frost too! But I have to say that where we are are most times its all gone by midday and that sun still feels warm!

I feel I've been a bit slack lately having not posted here since Christmas, but then times flies when you're having fun.

I'll backtrack a bit and try and fill you in, I'll not attempt to try and remember what we did between Christmas and Easter because I can't remember, so I'll just start from Easter.

Easter with the Evans's

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Easter weekend saw the arrival of the Evans clan, after week in Oz they landed at Auckland. We'd hired a mini-bus and for the next two weeks we were pretty busy!
We did lots of the tourist stuff but it was nice to see places that we hadn't been to. We had an Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday, and I felt sure it would take the kids an age to find all the eggs, but as we were later to find out the Evans kids had an in built beacon for food!


We spent a few days at Waihi Beach, thats always a great place to go and relax and enjoy the beach.


Kiwi house at Otorohanga was great and so were Waitomo caves, especially the glo-worms.

The kids loved the Luge at Rotorua and were fascinated by the mud pools and Pohutu Geyser in Rotorua.


All in all it was a great holiday and already they are saving to come out again! We'll have to raise more stock and grow a few more veggies cos the kids will have grown by then and will need more food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.