Sunday, July 01, 2007

A new Additionto our herd

We have a new addition to our herd. We already have Isobel a Grade 2 Dexter, and Agate an Angus cross. Lovely cows but not pure breds. Now we have gained some confidence and experience in raising animals I thought I might like to have a different breed of cow. I first heard of the Welsh Black breed on a NZ Lifestyle block forum. I saw some photos of the breed and became hooked. After a few searches and contacting some Welsh Black breeders we found Cathleen, Colonsay Cathleen to give her her pedigree name.



Cathleen is due to calve this month. I'll post photos when the happy event happens, of course you'll be subjected to a couple more of Isobel and Agates calves too, so be warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.