Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kumeu agricultural and horticultural show!

Kumeu is kinda north west Aucklandish!

We were awake at 5.45am this morning with the intention of getting on the road by 7am. All good laid plans and that!

All we had to do theoretically was load the goats in the trailer, which went without a hitch I might add! But my last minute loo stop and OH's oops I forgot the trailers reggo delayed kick off to 7.10am. but that pretty good for us! We're not the most organised of people and we we are, I'm ashamed to say, always late!

The day started foggy, which is common for the Waikato the region we live in!
The roads were pretty empty as they are in NZ until you hit Auckland, but even they had stayed in bed!

Goats were meant to be penned by 9am, which would have been ok but in a moment of madnees we decided to follow the 'Alternat route' OOPS shant do that again we went on a right tiki tour!



Anyway it didnt matter, Kiwis are so laid back ya just turn up!

First class up was Doe kid under 12mths, we got 2nd
Next class Doe up to 24 mth, 4th but no ribbon
Doe class 24 - 36 mths, 1st place
Then when choosing the Champion doe they recalled my doe kid (Crystal) and she ended up reserve champion!
So we were pretty chuffed about that!
Also today we were picking up a new Buck! he had been entered under our name by the previous owners and he was placed 1st!

So considering I felt like crap this morning and didn't want to get out of bed, we didn't do too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.