Friday, November 21, 2008

October 2008

At the beginning of the month we were still away at the bach. We were having a lovely time relaxing, crocheting, reading, watching movies, lolling around in our PJs. It's a shame that can't be said about Joe! Poor bugger had it all happening while we were away. As already mentioned Cathleen the Welsh Black gave birth rather unexpectedly, that worked out ok. Then I had a text message from our tenant who tols me we had chicks! Then the night before we came home Joe rang me to tell Beryl had given birth to 8 piglets and she was still in the same paddocks as Bert! I don't like him being in there when the piglets are so tiny, they make a nice snack! So Joe had tried to move him but Bert got hacked off at Joe and had a go, ripping Joe's trousers with his tusks! Joe was not a happy bunny!

Beryl and her piglets


We finally got around to picking up our new goats. We hooked up the trailer and made our way up to Pukekohe, which is just before Auckland. They were none to worse for the wear after their hour and a half journey back to our place and seemed to settle in quite quickly. we kept them separate from the others for a few days and just let them talk to each other through the fence.

Annie & Johnnie


Annie, Johnny & Mo


Johnnie, Annie & Mo


Goats have a pecking order just like any other animals and when we finally let them all in together we had a bit of argie bargie going on for a while. They all seem happy enough together now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.