Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back again!

Boy does Facebook and all these forums have a lot to answer for! This poor blog has been seriously neglected since my last posting, at this rate I'll only be updating once a year. I suppose that a fair amount of people I aimed this blog at now follow what I'm up to on Facebook, but I have to admit so much rubbish flies up those pages everyday it's virtually impossible to follow any real news. The photo albums facility over there is very good however and I seem to look at them a lot, much more interesting than knowing 'What kind of old person will you be?' or "What pie are you?' Well they may not actually have 'What pie are you?' but I wouldn't be surprised.

Since my last update we've just ambled along doing this and that. The photos of the outside house improvements are pretty much where we left them really, that's to be continued in the early Summer. Right now though, as if we didn't have plenty to do anyway we started pulling the interior apart. Only the upstairs though as the downstairs is perfectly fine and acts as our sanctuary from the chaos above us.

I don't whether I've explained the set up as it was here already, I'll just quickly recap anyway. Basically it's a two storey house, a house on a house so to speak, the ground level being a self contained three bedroomed flat.

See here for photos:
Ground Floor living

Upstairs had 2 good sized bedrooms and a smaller 3rd bedroom that was really only big enough for a small office. There was a kitchen area with family/dining room and a large lounge area.

After some consideration we decided to make it one big house, all thoughts of homestays or bed and breakfast going out of the window...at least for now. I'll post a selection on photos on here for easy viewing but the main selection you can view here:
Indoor renovations

The kitchen dining area before:





And how it looks now, kitchen removed and new separating wall between new lounge area and new office.



The lounge was like this:



And we are at this stage with it:




And a shot from the otherside of the new wall dividing what will be the new TV room and the new lounge:



Lots more to do yet but I'll try to keep you updated especially of you're now on Facebook. We are redoing the main entrance hallway but there's nothing to report on that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.