Saturday, September 26, 2009

Chocolate bread in the breadmaker!



Sounds disgusting??? Well it's not! It's rather yummy actually. My bread maker is a Sunbeam Quantum Smartbake Your breadmakers instructions or recipes may vary from mine, so please refer to your instruction booklet.

Chocolate bread

For a 1kg loaf you will need:-

325ml Water(I find it's better if warm)
2 tbsp marg
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
1 1/2 tsps salt
3 tbsp sugar
2tbsp skimmed milk powder
1 tsp bread improver*
3 1/4 cups flour
2 tsps yeast*

Fruit and nut dispenser
1 cup chocolate chips


* I use a dried yeast that has the improver mixed in, I just add the quantities for both together, it works fine

Put all the ingredients, in the order listed, into the bread pan.

Place the chocolate chips onto the dispenser

Select programme 5 > 1kg loaf size > Crust colour(I selected 3)

Press start and go and find something to do for 3 hours and 35 minutes!!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh,that sure looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! Nice toasted too! I choose to ignore its calorie content! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only tried chocolate bread twice and both times it has stuck to the pan so well it fell apart getting it out - must be doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you add the ingredients in the order listed? Is the non stick bit ok in your pan? Using too much water?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, lovely looking bread. We have the same breadmaker. Sunbeams are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rhonda, I really do need to use it more often. Makes great pizza dough too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.