Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A lovely day

Today was a lovely day, I put a couple of washes in and hung them in the garage, I wasn't sure what the weather was going to do and didn't want to risk it getting wet!
I don't go out too often, I tend to be a bit of a home bod really but it is nice to get out and be sociable, I like being a hermit but not all of the time! :-D
The plan was to go out for lunch with my friend Pauline, it was her birthday last week and as she has Tuesday off we decided to get out and do something. No hard plans were laid and we said we would decide on the day and go with the flow.
I needed to get some feed for the goats and so we did that first, although we ended up going back later as the feed hadn't arrived when we got there.
We headed off to Spotlight, I love this shop, to see what they had on offer. I managed to find a scrapbooking album, it had plastic sheets and some embellishements, a good little set and it was only $20, so I bought it. I want to get some prints of our holiday photos from last year and put them in an album, ordinary photo albums can be so boring. I've never done scrapbooking before but Pauline is quite the dab hand. We mentioned today that we should do something on the odd Tuesday and crafts could well be on the agenda.
After Spotlight we headed to the Base, this is an ever growing shopping complex. We had a look in the Warehouse for scrapbooking stuff but they didn't have much of a selection, which was a bit disappointing. I shan't mention that Pauline wrecked one of the displays! Oops! Sorry! haha! I was trying to reach one embellishment pack but it was so high I couldn't reach, so Pauline had a go, she stepped on a shelf and I got in behind and gave her a helping hand! She managed to get hold of one but do you thing she could get it off?? Not on your nelly! So she tugged a bit harder and the whole lot came down! Then when I looked at it I didn't want it! We left them as tidy as we could and made a sharp exit to the homewares section. Here I found a new slice tin and it had 40% off! So I was quite happy with that.
We were ready for lunch now and headed to a small cafe/restuarant called Salt & Pepper, I had a Greek salad with lamb, feta and olives, it was lovely. Pauline had babyback ribs, they looked rather good too. All washed down with a couple of Glasses of Sav topped it off nicely.
We went back and collected the animal feed and then we popped into another friends and had a coffee. We had a chat and looked at the goats and it was time for me to come home.
The weather stayed fine, long enough for me to feed the animals anyway before it started to drizzle.
Joe arrived home from work and finished working on the ride on mower, it was in desperate need of a service especially the blades, they were in a dreadful state!
So the next fine day should see the lawns looking more like a lawn and not a meadow!

2 comments:

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.