Tuesday, October 13, 2009

R.I.P Aisling.

It is with a heavy heart I write this post today, last might on the news it was announced that the body of a toddler had been found in a drain just metres from where she went missing. This mornings news says that the body is that of missing toddler Aisling Symes.
Words can never express what it is like for someone to lose a child, it's not right you should never have to bury your children. I know through having known Shannon how painful it is for the family.
What is troubling me today is that fact that she died alone, lost and afraid and so close from where she went missing. Hard enough to have to deal with losing a child but not being there for them at the end is something I don't think I could bear.
My heart goes out to her parents and family, they have the support of their family and their community. May they one day find peace in their hearts and remember her always.
I read this quote once,
When you bury your parents, you bury the past.
When you bury a child, you bury the future.

R.I.P Aisling





3 comments:

  1. Such very sad, heartbreaking news.
    Rest in peace little one, I hope one day your family will be able to remember the joy you must have brought to their lives even for such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's terrible isn't it! I can't get the image of her out of my head, alone in that drain! It just horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a horrible horrible thing to have happened.

    My thoughts and prayers are with them at this tragic time.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.