Wednesday, November 04, 2009

How to make a gift box



As I mentioned in am earlier thread today I said I would come and show how to make a very simple and easy gift box. It could be made in any size, it depends on the size of your gift, just use a good quality card for best results.

Take your piece of card and make creases as shown in the picture. Don't make the holes yet, we'll make those in a minute...


With the card in a landscape position take the two triangles nearest you...


Bring them together and overlap them, just below the dip at the top, use a hole punch to make a hole through both layers of paper...


Repeat on the other side...


Open the card and lay flat, you can now decorate or embellish as you wish...


When you're done fold so that the punchholes match together, thread through some ribbon and tie to hold the box together.



Place your gift inside and use it to give to someone special

5 comments:

  1. That is really clever! thank you for the tutorial! I have lots of cardstock around by seem to always be out of gift bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great doesn't it! So easy too. One lady yesterday said she was going to make them with a Christmas theme and place them on the dinner table on Christmas day with small gifts fore everyone. I thought that was a pretty cool thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made one up using scrap paper and it is really easy. This is a great gift idea, especially for little home made lollies or bickies for Xmas gifts for friends and/or workmates.

    Thanks for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:12 am

    These are awesome. I needed some way to wrap up the homemade dog treats that we are giving for Christmas. Now I have found it and so simple with things we all ready have in the house. Thanks. You might want to share it over on Rhonda forum
    SheenaMarie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Perhaps it does warrant a thread all to itself..... ;D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.