Thursday, May 06, 2010

In the kitchen today- Soup

I made a huge pot on soup tonight, we have a few pumpkins, so that was the base of the soup. I added a load of onions, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, salt, pepper, chillies, stock cubes, curry powder, fresh parsley and about 3 kettles of boiling water (it's a big pan!)

The best thing about soup is you can use anything, I used up some veggies, added stock and flavouring and put a bread on. How easy is that?

I cut everything big and chunky, chucked it all in a big pan and simmered for over 2 hours, then whizzed it with my stick blender and voila!

3 comments:

  1. Soup looks great! I love a good soup when I am not feeling so well and it just gives your body a warm and tingling feeling all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:19 am

    So easy and it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nakia, I know what you mean about warming soups, I had debated lighting the firs last night but the soup cooking warmed the room and the soup warmed me! :D
    It was pretty good, made heap though and realised I've no containers to put some into to freeze! May needd to use bags! oops!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.