Friday, June 04, 2010

A winter warmer

Dinner tonight was home made vegetable soup using up a lot of the veggies from the week. with home made foccacia bread, finished off with cheese and home made spicy tomato chutney.
In the soup - potatoes, onions, leek, carrots, cabbage, broad beans from the freezer, tinned kidney beans and baked beans. I added a packet of Maggi onion and bacon soup for extra flavour and salt and pepper and a couple of kettles of hot water. Simmered in a large saucepan until all veggies were soft. Easy peasy and scrummy.
And the best bit, plenty left for tomorrow...and the next day.....and the next.....

6 comments:

  1. I don't think there's anything that gives you more bang for your buck whilst being so highly nutritious as a hearty home made soup. I got stacks of fresh veggies the other day and made a hearty soup that we're still eating! I've got so many leftovers...

    3 leeks, 1/4 cabbage, 1 large carrot, a handful of barley and some vege stock. $8 for so many meals... just grab some bread from the freezer and you have a quick, easy, delicious, warming, nutritious meal for next to nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearty and comforting food, soup and bread :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:32 pm

    Looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:39 am

    Mmmmmm! that looks so good, to bad it's summer here in Kansas! I think I will make some foccacia today though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never made it before, and it won't be the last! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.