Monday, April 11, 2011

Judging at the Women Institute AGM

A friend of mine belongs to the Womens Insitute and last Monday was the WI Waikato Regions AGM. A few weeks back she asked if I would mind judging the craft entries. I was also able to bring along a second judge to assist. I asked City Sue to come with me as she is very creative and knew she would perfect for my right hand man!

The theme was buttons and beads categories were:

Knitting needle holder
Flower/table arrangement
Craft, beaded bracelet
Baking
Overall table presentation

Apologies for the poor picture quality, but the new handy sized camera recently purchased just isn't anywhere near as good as my SLR


City Sue showing off the rather wonderful knitting needle case that we chose as overall best entry, the attention to detail and beautiful handiwork was unrivalled


Best table, including best beaded bracelet and best baking. Overall winner.

Best flower/table arrangement (top right)


Me posing by the tables, sadly only four tables, but enough for me to cope with!

After announcing the winners we were both pressnted with a fruit bowl by way of thanks


After meeting and chatting to some of the lovely ladies I'm going along to a meeting this week, just to see what becoming a member of the WI involves. I'll report back on that later in the week.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:09 pm

    Maybe there is a secret hand shake, or a special knock, or maybe you all get really cool code names. So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.