Saturday, October 08, 2011

HelpXers on the farm - A paddock cleared



Well almost cleared...if you read the last HelpX post you will have seen what our boys cleared in a morning. That afternoon they made a start on clearing the paddock you see behind the boys in the first photo. When we moved here there were two enormous felled pine trees, what you see is the last of the cut firewood.


Building a bonfire to burn what isn't worth keeping
Room for plenty more yet and Guy Fawkes night is not too far away!

I think they like playing with the old Landrover!

Wood shed, plenty there to get through next winter

I don't know what it is about NZ farmers but they do love to burn stuff, namely stuff that doesn't burn, like glass, metal and tin cans! Just throw the bloody stuff in the recycling bin why don't ya! They filled about eight 25kg sized feed sacks with stuff we will need to take to the dump.

After some very hard graft by three amazing young men the paddock now looks like this, you can't see everything that has been done but this is by far the most dramatic.

..and a view thrown in for good measure. ETA I forgot add the view lol

This weekend they get to rest and get back into it on Monday.
I don't know if any of you are watching the Rugby World cup that is being hosted here in New Zealand, but tonight is the first of the quarter finals. Joe and two of the French lads have gone up to Auckland today. Joe has a ticket for the England versus France game tonight, the boys will be watching it in a bar, it should be a real battle. as neither team will want to be heading home tomorrow. Either way someone will be feeling sad when I pick them all up from the bus station on Sunday afternoon. I just hope it ain't Joe!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:01 am

    They are doing such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know the Eagles song Hotel California and the line 'you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave!' ............ ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was a lot of hard work! Maybe they can come and tackle my ironing pile next ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.