Saturday, November 24, 2012

In the pink......


 
I don't know what happened to this week, it's just gorn it 'as, gorn never to be seen again! When I was young I would wish the week away waiting for the weekend, and now the weekend get's here so fast another week has bitten the dust before you can say Jack Robinson! My theory is that when you are young, time is endless, getting old is never thought of and seems so far away, and then suddenly you're middle aged and thinking 'Shit I'm 50 next birthday!' I know 50 isn't 'old' old but it's the oldest I've been to date! It's always a surprise to me, not that I've managed to get this far, lol, but the fact that I don't remember getting here at all! I was shocked to hear this last week of the death of a girl/woman I went to school with, same age as me, dead of a heart attack, it made feel chilled to the bone. It's very sobering to hear news such as this, you only expect to hear this when you are old..and then you realise 'Heck, 'old' isn't that far away really'
It just reinforces my belief that you should live each day as if it's your last, do things that 'you' want to do, live the life 'you' want to live, not what others think you should. It's your life, do with it as you please, you only get one shot at it.

One of my most favourite quotes is this one:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming – “WOW – What a Ride!” -Anon.   

Amen to that! Which brings me nicely to Frock up Friday......
Suesday didn't happen this week, we are having to redecorate the rental house on our property (I'll blog about this another day) so I'm going to be busy until that is done and ready for renting out again.

Arrived at Sue's and the lazy bint was snoozing in her swing seat....once I sat in it I could have snoozed too, I'm generally buggered by Friday. If you click on her name it will take you to her blog and see what we got up too, I don't want to duplicate her blog by writing it all again here, you'll see pretty much the same photos as it is lol. :-D

My outfit was all op shopped


Op shop finds today
Habitat : (2 pics), the table fell apart after I took a photo, luckily it's fixable!! The bag replaced the bag I was using, contents moved and the old bag binned.
 2 blouses, 1 vest/singlet

Save Mart: Te Rapa, top and scarf

 Save Mart, Frankton, embroidered table cloth $3.99

We are 6 days away from the first day of Summer, unless you follow the solstice thingie in which case it's not quite there yet! Anyway 6 days to go, it's starting to warm up. It wasn't so long ago everyone was moaning about the wet and the cold. Soon it will too hot! hahah! We're never happy..

Where ever you are, what ever you are doing this weekend, I hope it's a good'un....

See ya next time ♥

PS Saturday snigger coming up, don't go away.




1 comment:

  1. The pair of you look gorgeous frocked up to the max like that! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.