Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day three - and a meet up with a long time Blogger friend


I've known Laura from Our Wee Farm for almost as long as we've been in NZ, our journeys to a new life in NZ echo each others, and although we've followed each other lives via our blogs, forums and Facebook for that time, we've never actually met! Today we remedied that and we drove the short journey to meet up, chat and have lunch and then survey their kingdom that is Our Wee Farm. And what a wonderful place it it too with a lovely hostess and three totally mad but adorable pooches.
Thank you so much Laura for a wonderful time x

Joe and his new friend Tallulah, Bob the boss (lighter dog) and Brodie. we took our dogs too and they all got on very well, which was great.
 Their lovely home, the Woolshed and bananas!! Really!
 The Swan plants were home to Monarch butterflies, the one on my hand had just emerged from his cocoon. We came home with some swan seed plants.

Applepackers......no....Backpackers...no....Alpacas!! Yes! :D

And a donkey!
 And here we are! ♥

When we got back Joe organised himself for a fishing trip out on one of the kayaks at the bach
And yes! he caught a fish, a kahawai, number 13 of 13 caught, the other 12 were snappers which he put back as they were undersize. We had it for dinner with a salad and it was delicious.

 While he was fishing I was playing with the camera and trying to take shots on the manual setting




And that's it for today. Tomorrow I will be officially be fifty something, and we're doing the whole touristy thing doing a coach tour to the very tip of NZ.
Not sure if I'll get on tomorrow as we're out for the whole day and I'm experiencing some internet issues here, so I'll post if I can.



6 comments:

  1. Woo hoo you got to meet the lovely Laura! Looks like another fabulous day up north. Happy fiddy sumthin for tomorrow old gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:57 pm

    Wow, would love to own some alpacas! Did you come away with any alpaca yarn I wonder? Your trip looks amazing, great photos. Happy Birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, and happy birthday. Will there be cake? Oh, please, let there be cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you got to meet Laura!

    Looks like you are enjoying your vacation-great photos :)

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is shaping up to be a fabulous trip Sue - looks like you are both having a fab time. Enjoy the bus trip, sometimes it's fun just to sit back and be a tourist. It's a lovely part of the world. I worked in the Bay of Islands way back when I was a backpacker lol. cheers Wendy
    {Waving Hi to Laura, sounds like you two had a good catchup}

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh we had such fun!! I wish we lived closer. And it just felt like meeting up with friends I'd known for years, which it it... but you know what I mean! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.