Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day Two in the Far North



Get me outta here!

Patterns left in the sand by the ebbing tide






After a stroll on the beach and bacon and eggs for breakfast, we took a drive out to Keao. We're taking a coach tour up to the most Northerly point of NZ, Cape Reinga and our pick up point there.
You can see what's on offer here. It's my birthday that day too, so a special treat. It's a full day trip.
Some sights of this small town, it's motto  "Small town, big spirit".


These are the views as we drive along the road to Te Ngaere Bay, it's a real WOW! moment
(click to enlarge)
 



I'll be using PicMonkey Collages for the duration of the trip, the pics load a lot faster by doing it this way. Pic Monkey is fine but I don't like to use it all the time, at least I can upload  a few more photos this way as it took most of the evening to do last nights post.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely tide patterns. I just love that stuff.

    What is with the flip flops? They go back to ancient times and until modernish times were called thongs by my generation until usurped by the underwear folk.

    Do they make them there? Is it a local industry? Cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.