Thursday, November 01, 2018

One month today

...until our son Michael marries Natasha, here in our garden on the 1st of December, the first day of summer at 3.30pm. I promised I'd be back blogging way back in March but life got in the way.
The last few weeks and much of spring has been spent in the garden, getting it ready for the big day. It's been hard work and we've done it on own own with none of our usual HelpXers helping us. Last weekend saw us get to a point where we could say, we're garden ready, apart from maintenance.
There is still much to do but the garden was where the main focus was as it's where the wedding is taking place. Most things are in place, wedding outfits bought and it's just getting it all to come together on the day.
I can't promise to be back to blogging regularly at this stage but I decided I do miss blogging and will make a more determined effort to try. But now, sit back with a cuppa because this post is picture heavy and I"m about to take you on a tour of the garden. Enjoy, there's even a bit of wildlife to see.





































































And I reckon that wll do you for now

Sue

14 comments:

  1. The garden is UTTERLY GORGEOUS!!! You and your hubby have worked SO HARD, and deserve accolades for all you have done. I hope the wedding is all you want it to be and the kids have a fantastic day in your gorgeous garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks matey, we're long overdue for a catch up, need to organise soon

      Delete
  2. All your hard work has produced a beautiful garden. It will be amazing on the big day! How many people are you expecting, and how many are staying with you? Are you having it catered or are you doing the food? That, again, is a ton of work. It's been almost 4 weeks since Kelsey got married. It was an amazing weekend and now we are all waiting for the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we're very happy with it. There's about 85 ish, not as many staying as originally thought some people now can't make it over, the cafe where Tash works is doing the catering :D We're providing a pig and meats for the spit. What I've seen of Kelseys wedding everyone looked fabulous xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to see you post again Sue .. tho I do enjoy your instagram posts too. Your garden is looking a picture. I know from experience the work involved in getting it ready for a wedding ... my sons was 22nd November so just a week earlier than yours will be, 4 years ago now. Make sure you enjoy the day Sue cos it will slip by in the blink of an eye believe me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, nice to be back, I finally feel that I have a bit more time to blog, although it is going to be busy until it's all over. ONe of the things I intent to do is get M&T to just stand back every so often just to look at moment through the day, because you're right, it does pas in a blink x

      Delete
  5. Wow Sue, your garden is looking amazing! Certainly a lot of hard work and effort has been put into it. I bet it will look even more wonderful in a month's time ready for the wedding. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, some of the plants are still young yet so won't be doing too much on the day but over the next few years it's going to come into its own x Hope you're well xx

      Delete
  6. It's looking fabulous! It's very neat and colourful too. Please make sure those goats cannot in any way get into your lovely hard worked upon garden. Good luck with the weather for a fine day for the big event. Well done You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at it every morning when I'm out there having my cuppa and it does my heart good. If those goats get in there they may end upon the spit :D

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.