Thursday, April 18, 2019

Apologies, again, for being such a slack Alice!!

Well haven't I been tardiest tardy person in the blogging department? I really can't seem to get my mojo back recently. I shall endeavor to put a rocket up me bum and get on with the damned job.
So, where did I leave of? Ah yes, the end of February, well two days after the last post was my birthday, we went out for the best Thai meal with Michael and Tash, we won't go into what age I am 😝
For my birthday Joe bought me a new wide angle lens for my camera


I went to Hamilton gardens to try it out





Now, exciting news, meet our new addition, we'd been thinking about getting another dog, then this wee fella appeared on the Waikato pound pupd FB page
His original owners had called him lucky, they surrendered him to the pound, one of the animal control officers had him at hers, he didn't respond to Ace, so she called him Ace, when we got him he became Turbo, because of the speed he moves

Some more pics
Taitua Arboretum








Raglan beach 10th March











Meeting Astrix







Sadly on the 12th of March a good friend passed away.
Jan was a friend, a neighbour and it was at her place we held our Thursday craft.
I'll miss her, craft won't really be the same again, although we have decided to keep going, it's what she would have wanted. She was a great source of knowledge and taught me to quilt.
We now meet at each others homes, this change prompted me to rethink my crafting space, some changes needed to be made, I needed a bigger room. 
I swapped my craft room with one of the spare bedrooms 
My old craft room is now a bedroom



The bedroom is now my craft space








Later on in March, (the second from last weekend) we were invited to our friends daughters wedding, they live in Oakura Bay,Northland. 
We made a long weekend of it







The bride, her father and two bridesmaids arrived on the back of a tractor.
Her parents used to  be Dairy farmers











I was very kindly given another camera by Sandra, the mother of the groom, so generous.
I still have to send the photo I took of the day to them, I need more USB sticks.

So quite a busy month and a range of emotions
I'll be back soon I promise! 
Kiwi on Holiday if I get slack again, email me and tell me to pull my socks up!
😉😜

Better stop there now

Sue
XXX

7 comments:

  1. Hee hee... glad you got 'prompted' to get a post up again! Lots of lovely photos. I see the wide angle lens has had plenty of work. I might invest in one of those, one day. Right now I seem to use my blasted phone's camera more than my Canon! Turbo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need to up my game, I ditched Instagram, I prefer blogging. The wide angle is great. We must catch up soon

      Delete
  2. Fabulous to have you Back on here Sue, We have so missed your posts ..

    WE like you, have had huge busy days and the time flies by ..

    We had Two weddings as well .in one of the really Hot states here so the Kiwi Crew nearly melted (smiles)but was an awesome get together for us all .

    Fab pics of you all and love the wee new addition. So much pleasure they give and take over in a nice way dont they

    Thats a fab pic of you 2 at the Wedding,, the colour really suits you , Love the tractor transport too.

    Sorry to hear you lost your lovely friend such great memories.. and nice you will carry on what she taught you

    Love the way you have made the craft room bigger by the move

    Enjoy the lovely Autumn you ones get there

    Hope to be home Nth and Sth for 5 weeks ,,in mid aug to late sept Lovely changing of the seasons then in both Islands

    Take Care

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried a couple of times to answer your lovely long blog on ipad but doesnt seem to have worked.
    Love all the pics and now time poor so will catch up in a day or two

    The wedding pics are lovely you really suit that Colour Sue and you look to have had a ball

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I got the two posts 👍 Remember to give me a nudge if I start slacking again. If you're passing through Hamilton when you're over, let me know, we can meet for coffee xx

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you back Alice,lol. Beautiful pictures with the new lense and gorgeous wedding pictures. So sad about your friend passing away, glad to hear you will all continue meeting. DH's best friend of 73 years passed away last month. It was sudden so quite shocking. DH spoke at the memorial as he was the person that had known him the longest. That was hard for him but he got through it. Love Turbo. he'll keep you busy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just giving you a wee nudge there Sue (smiles)
    Be nice to get an update now the seasons are achanging over there. I know you love photography and even any retro op shopping you may have done lately??

    Take care

    Cheers !!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.