Saturday, February 22, 2020

Organised chaos


Well okay perhaps it's just chaos, things get worse before they get better right?
Packing continues and I think I am over the halfway point, I started in the family room today emptying the tall display cabinet.

Yesterday was a busy day, Joe and I started clearing the spare bedroom downstairs, then with Michael and Natasha's help we shifted everything upstairs. Once that room was cleaned M&T started bringing some of their stuff down 
Whilst all that was happening I was emptying my dressing room.
Today as I was packing Joe was cleaning.
We've both reduced clothes etc down to a minimum and it's all in our bedroom
Upstairs is in semi chaos, maybe tomorrow we'll tidy up a bit before we're lost amongst it 😂😂
The hallway is a mess
The bed from downstairs is in what was my craft room, that bed is staying and we'll use that room on the occasions we stay over. Everything else in that room needs to come out but will stay there until moving day. Some of it needs boxing up.
In the opposite bedroom is where we're storing the furniture and fragile boxes we're taking to Raglan.
A few more boxes added in here
The lounge where I had all my books is looking the bleakest of all. Apart from the coffee table, all the furniture is staying, I think M&T want the sofas in the TV room.
We're taking the cream leather suite and TV with us, the rest is staying, we've no need now for all the furniture that fills this place 
 One car load of unwanted items went to the Op Shop today and lots of books and magazines went to The Village Cafe on Thursday, so I am de-cluttering but I think I could do better!!
And that's us for today, Joe's is watching the Chiefs play rugby this evening and I'm watching Godzilla on Netflix, absolute tripe but the sound system is having a ball!

Enjoy your weekend, I'm looking forward to relaxing weekends at the beach.  
19 more sleeps.

love from

 The Webbers
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You're doing well. We left things behind as well, as our son and dil are moving into our old house eventually and one room will be used for us when we visit. A bit like you are doing here. I decluttered some, but not enough and as I am unpacking I am sorting more stuff to either sell, dump or take to a CS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, I don't envy you with such a big house to sort out and downsize. I dread the thought of moving as we have been here for 40 years, so you can imagine the accumulation of stuff we have!! It's nice that you'll have your own room when you visit for a sleepover,lol. Time is sure flying by, before you know it you'll be saying-TOMORROW!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.