Thursday, March 26, 2020

Day 1 of lockdown.......

.....involved much snoozing and laziness! Joe did do a couple of jobs in the office, that needs organising now, photos will come once it's worth sharing.
So I shall continue where I left off the other day..........

 Sunday, the day started with a large coffee and breakfast at the Village cafe.

The van was worth it's weight in gold and took two trips to 
get the big stuff here.There were car loads too.

Celebrating with a bottle of bubbles from the real estate agent

With fish and chips off brown paper bags because we're classy like that!

Random pics
The light in our room makes a lovely pattern

The kitchen took some clearing but it looked a whole lot better once I found a home for it all





The pantry isn't anywhere as near as good as my old one, but it's doing the job


It has a two drawer dishwasher, we don't like it, it will get changed at some point.


While I was unloading boxes, Joe was busy putting post and rail fencing to enclose enough of the garden so that the dogs were contained. He started on the Monday and finished it on Tuesday.



Which meant we could back back to the farm, collect the dogs, make up the bed and spend the first night in our new home.

Cheers



5 comments:

  1. Your new home looks so lovely Sue. Mind you - I rather liked your last one too!! Is Joe home for the lockdown or still working? If he is home you will have a good helper with the unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's certainly a lovely place to be isolated on that's for sure

      Delete
  2. Your new house looks great, so exciting to put it together to be your new nest.
    My family all have the dish drawers and wouldn't have anything else, they are so quick to load and unload,no dirty dishes waiting for a full load, are very reliable and trouble free.
    The upside of lockdown is you can settle in and have a starvation.😁😷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we won't starve, but thinking it as a staycation os a good idea :D

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.