Thursday, March 12, 2020

No more sleeps!

So that's it, it's all done,we now own a house in Raglan. Years ago I used a Ticker countdown for when we moved here, it's been steadily ticking away in the blogs drafts ever since as I just never deleted it, kinda cool really and I'm glad I didn't!
So as you can see, 12 years, 5 months, 3 weeks and 4 days ago we moved here, and soon we'll be living at the beach, the moving of furniture happens Saturday.


Yesterday we went to the house to do a pre-settlement check, everything is fine, I have to say that seeing just how much they still had to do made me feel so much better about what I've managed to get done here. I took the photo on the way back, taken from the corner by Lorenzen Bay road, then zoomed it in a cropped it.

I then turned 180 degrees and took this of Lorenzen Bay.

Back home and because I must be some kind of maniac, I made some more spiced pear jam, only a few pears left and we'll just eat those, they really are delicious.

There's a cupboard under the stairs in the hallway, I moved all the jars in there, we may run out of toilet paper but we won't starve if things get worse with the Corona virus. Lots of fruit in these jars though, toilet paper may be sorely needed.......
These will stay here until we're ready to move them down to Raglan or we can store them here and get what we need  anything. The small scullery there is much smaller than my pantry here.

Today was settlement day we got the confirming email around 2 pm, we loaded some stuff in the car and drove to Raglan to pick up the keys with the intention of having fish and chips on the deck with a bottle of beer to celebrate. We found out that the vendors didn't get the go ahead to start moving into their new home until 3 pm!! So they were apparently very stressed about it all, there was still so much to move, so we just had a beer in Lorenzen Bay and came on home. We'll have the fish and chips on Saturday instead. I hope they managed to get sorted at a reasonable time this evening, they  still had beds to move and set up, they have kids, there will be some very tired people there tonight.

So one car load of well traveled packing boxes that went to the beach and came back again.

A nice chilled cider with the best view

Michael and Tash came down this evening with a cheese platter 
and we had a couple of drinks to celebrate

Still a fair amount to do so we'll carry on with that tomorrow

That's me for tonight





2 comments:

  1. Well, you wouldn't have had room for the cheese platter if you'd had the fish and chips, lol Always a silver lining. It's so good you don't have a hard and fast time to be out of your, oops, M&T's place, haha! By the time you read this you are probably in the new place surrounded by boxes. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all works out in the end right? We had a stressful time moving into our new house back in December... had to wait until almost 6 pm on settlement day to even get the keys! AND I had to go and track them down! But as I said, it all works out and I'm so happy you are finally in and getting settled. You are so lucky you can actually leave stuff at your 'old' home... clever planning that was. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.