Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Bottling pears

After a very lazy start to the day, I lounged in bed until gone 10am, utter bliss, I took a drive out to the supermarket, I needed sugar and more lids for my jars.
I am pleased to report that there were plenty of toilet rolls on the shelves. I really hope the stupid people panic buying, for no reason other than panic buying , get a bad dose of the sh*ts and run out of paper! Feckin' eejits!
And breath......so I got what I needed and peeling pears in earnest began....
I used one big pan to put the peeled and cut pears in with water and lots of lemon juice, to stop them from turning brown. In another pan I put 1 part sugar to 2 parts water, some cinnamon and more lemon juice to make a syrup.
In another smaller saucepan I put the lids and boiled them up and kept them simmering until I was ready to use them.
In the oven were lots of clean jars,  on about 120 celsius.
Once I'd prepeared (ðŸĪŠðŸ˜‰) all the pears they went in the simmering syrup. They stewed for a while, I took a few jars at a time, filled and screwed the lids on.
And there we have it,  9 small jars and 4 large jars of stewed pears.
As I'm typing this the lids are popping and me and the two dogs are synchronised jumping! 😂😂
At least that box is now empty,  I'll check the drawer of pears in the fridge later to see if I need to do something with them, I still have lots of syrup left.

A year ago today this little ratbag officially became a member of our family. We love him to bits, but boy he's a bloody crazy mutt at times. ðŸĨ°ðŸĨ°
Two more sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.