Thursday, October 21, 2010

Calf - a definate improvement this morning

Again he wasn't where we left him yesterday, ie in the corner of the back of the nice, warm and sheltered bay, he was outside in the mud in the rain, man he's daft! :D
Anyhow I dragged him back in, I can't lift him, he then got to his feet and came to me looking for food and drank from the bottle, so that's a very good sign. Isobel has been such a good girl, and has stood so well for me to milk her and I've just got the hang of it too. A great housecow in the making.

So things are improving but we're not out of the woods yet. ONce he gets the hang of feeding we then have to get him back on mum, I'm hoping he works that one out himself.

Thanks for all the supportive comments.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:24 am

    That sounds like good news to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly promising news that's for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers and eyes still crossed - is making driving problematic so hope he continues to improve quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw great news! He's a fighter all right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your little calf pulls through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He was a bit wobbly just now but he's had a good feed.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.