Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday sTitchWITs...


Before I show and tell, we've had a slight name change for our Tuesdays, originally it was Tuesday Knitwits, then more recently Stitch and Bitch, but I don't like the 'bitch' part! 
Awfully rude you know! :D 
So it's now called sTitchWITs a hybrid of both names...although some letters tend to stand out for some reason!! :D haha 
Dawn was here again today and she had left a message on my forum saying she was..
" Off to knitwits, stitching bitches witches britches." 
A pretty awesome name in it's own right and well worth a mention and who knows it may well stick! 

Last week we made tea cosies from blankets, not recycled but 'UPcycled apparently..this week Dawn wanted to make a hot water bottle cover, and so she did.. 
(I forgot to take a photo of her tea cosy last week)

It's rather cool I reckon...


..and the  back looks like this, the horizontal blanket stitch is where a pocket opens to allow you to put in your hot water bottle...


I would have liked to make one too but a week ago I set myself (and anyone else who wanted to join me) a UFO challenge. Up until today I was failing miserably and nearly ditched the idea, especially one UFO....luckily it came right today. I managed to complete two UFOs and I will share them tomorrow  when the challenge ends. How are you getting on?


See you tomorrow....♥

PS Thank you for all of your comments, I do appreciate them, I just forget to say thank you, also for your kind words about Ems ♥


2 comments:

  1. Loving that hot water bottle cover, it's just gorgeous. Well done on finishing 2 UFOs, can't wait to see them. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do like that hot water bottle cover, so cute.

    x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.