Today I planned to carry on with the new quilt I want to make using embroidered doilies from my stash that I started cutting out last week here. Below is my workstation....it wasn't this tidy when I started this morning. I started cutting strips to add to the embroidered squares then quickly realised my stash was a mess. It took best part of the day to sort it all, I didn't realise I had so much fabric, well okay then I did, I was in denial!
After sorting the stash, which I'll show you in a minute, I tidied my work station
The embroidered doilies.tray cloths etc, I'm saving some of the leftover linen after I've cut the embroidered parts out. I've kept the lovely crocheted edges for repurposing.
Scrappy bits of fabric
2 1/2 inch strips
Now for the sorted stashes......
pre-cut florals found at an op-shop
more pre-cut and pieces already sewn together
Mauves, blues & greens
Browns, beiges & creams
Reds. oranges & yellows
Black & whites with some splashes of colour. A quilt for the making!
This is me, apparently, so Sue said when she gave it to me
Squares, the oriental pack and 2 moda vera packs
And then I got to work, I didn't get too much done but it's a start and I'm quite excited by it so far, I think it's going to be a very pretty quilt. If I get chance tomorrow I'll get cutting again, now I have a clean area to work in it should be a breeze.
see ya next time ♥