I was given a bag of fabrics the other week, it contained some pieces of quilting fabric, a mix of other fabrics and a part finished quilt. The quilt is really quite pretty but there wasn't enough of the fabric used for the narrow strips joining the blocks together. With Easter this weekend and us going to Auckland tomorrow for a night to see a show, Thursday craft was today instead.
The quilt with the original blue grey joining strip, I unpicked the lot!
I managed to get three strips, re-trimmed and joined together using navy fabric. I need to lay out the 3 piles of blocks to make sure I don't get too many repeats. I started resewing as they had been sewn together originally but I think they might not work out too well.
The three piles each of 5 blocks need to be trimmed then I can start putting them all back together again. Whoever made it originally might well have given up on it as their piecing together wasn't the best and the whole thing wasn't sitting together well at all. It's not going to be perfect but hopefully it will be better than before when I've finished.
Jan decided to add a few more rows to one of her quilts, those pieces are small!
Like really small.
Ngaire buggered off home before I got a photo of what she was doing and Glenys with her UN-knitting undid another two rows!! lol Soon the whole project will disappear completely!
Yesterday our friend and dairy farming neighbour dropped over some fresh picked mushrooms, I love fresh mushrooms and they begged to be used in a risotto......so that's what I did....
I used: onions, garlic, one red one green chilli peppers, arborio rice, 2 continental chicken stock pots and finely chopped up mushrooms, it took about 20 minutes to cook. Mushrooms went in last minute. The cider was for me!!
The mushrooms change the colour of the rice but it didn't detract from the flavour. I have just realised now that I didn't use the cheese I grated and forgot to add peas! Doh!
That's it today, see ya xx