Monday, November 12, 2018

Another weekend come and gone

Only three more weeks to the big day, it'll be here before you know it. We've nearly ticked off the things we wanted to achieve before the day. 
At the moment Joe has only one day a week off and that's Sunday, he managed to get most of the windows cleaned inside and out, we have a lot of windows and it's a job he hates.
Before we started anything yesterday, it was really hard to get started, Joe made us some breakfast. While the smell of bacon wafted through the air and me in me nightie, I went outside and took some photos of the garden. It was raining and with a covered deck above me I was nice and sheltered. 
The plants in the garden looked rather pretty
Dublin Bay

 Mary Rose
 Sharifa Asma
 Pat Austin
 Alstromerias are bursting into bloom
 This Japanese maple was planted in remembrance to one of my best mates mum.I really like the variegated leaves
 Tulip tree The foliage is stunning
 Lavender going mad
 Hostas & ferns in the tiered garden by the front door



 Max and Clyde's silk tree had leaves opening
 Small succulents
 Drum roll please....Ta dah moment
 The chairs are finished, oh was I losing the will to live?!
Each chair needed twelves eyelets, there are eight chairs.
That's 96 little holes to cut out for the eyelets!!
Then I had to hammer all the eyelets !
I did two chairs this morning, took a sabbatical for a few hours(I'll come back to that) and then persevered with it, next time, if there's ever a next time, I'm bloody well paying the $80+GST!
Anyway they look great and because of all the effort that went into them, they're going to stay under the deck and out of the elements, they'll last longer that way I hope.
I got four finished yesterday, Michael helped Joe with some heavy lifting 
and the table was put in place.

 The last four chairs
That sabbatical 😜included having lunch and watching two episodes of ER,
then starting on some little projects, remember this photo?
I took the first three items, the wee shelf, the tray and the white stool
They all got sanded and had a coat of primer/undercoat
I then chose three colours, two from the baskets of tester pots and the chalk paint
 Hard to see but there are three different colours I promise you
The underside of the shelf
 The tray
 The stool
 I'll do the second coats tomorrow then decide how to tittivate

Right that's me for the day, Joe will be home soon and I'm ready for dinner

see ya

Sue

xxx

10 comments:

  1. You have been working like a TROJAN babe! Fantastic work, the chairs look amazing as does the table. Your garden is utterly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time the wedding arrives your place will be like something out of Better Homes & Gardens. The roses are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the way I see it is that I will have this garden to enjoy for years to comex

      Delete
  3. Garden is awesome, chairs are stunning, how chuffed are you?
    Pace yourself, you need to be in top shape for the big day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having trouble with that pacing part, there seems so much left to do xx

      Delete
  4. Your garden looks a picture Sue. Its such a pretty time of year. Your chairs & table look stunning too ... even though it nearly did your head in, it all looks amazing. Did you know Sue ... when using chalk paint, there is no prep required at all, no sanding, no undercoat ... just clean & plonk the paint on!! Its great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried that with the chalk paint, on one thing some thing kept showing through, so I'll take each thing individually and use undercoat when I think it needs it. Done soooo much painting over the years priming/undercoating is second nature ;-D

      Delete
  5. SUE you town have done amazingly well to get everything in Tip Top shape.. It truly looks Awesome,, and on the day the photographs etc will show everything up to be 100%


    Exciting for you all and after the Wedding you will always have your lovely garden there to bloom each year

    Love the pics you took of each of the plants ..

    Stuff for NZ house and Garden mag (me thinks)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck with the weather for the wedding. Your roses are beautiful - I had forgotten how pretty Pat Austin is ( dont have it any more ). The chairs are VERY attractive.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.