Saturday, December 22, 2018

They say it's lucky if it rains on your wedding day..............

........and rain it did. But we didn't let a bit of wet spoil the day and what a day it was, the best day ever.
Guests/visitors came from far and wide, Joe's sister Liz and her husband Pat came all the way from Scotland, they're making a big holiday of it and we have lots planned. Also my best friend and her hubby came which was lovely.
My mum and dad were coming but dad's been a bit poorly of late and was unable to make the long journey, also my cousin and his family were coming over from Sydney, again illness played a part and they weren't able to come either. Joe has family here in NZ so it was good to see the here.
There was however a surprise visitor, one that I had thought wouldn't come, my sister Sandra!!
Sue had been in secret negotiations with Sandra, she booked her flight on the Monday, flew on the Tuesday, landed in NZ Thursday and rocked on up here that afternoon. We weren't expecting that at all and were totally blown away. Apparently others were in on it too, sneaky buggers, it was the best surprise.



 Sue even had a sign at the airport!
The marquee arrived on the Wednesday before
 Setting up the day before and of the morning of the wedding



If you would like to see more pre wedding preparations click HERE

Us girls had our hair and make-up down at The Village Boutique, Whatawhata
  
The beautiful bride

 

  

I was so happy with my hair, never in my life has it looked as good as this
If you want to see the girls being beautified click HERE

It wasn't just the girls getting a makeover, the boys did too





If you want to see more photos of the boys click HERE
Okay, so now for the part you've probably been waiting for
The Wedding
Just some of my favourites

















 













 



 













If you want to see more of the wedding photos click HERE

Reliving the photos again makes me feel rather emotional, so much went into planning such a wonderful day. I'd like to thank a few people.
Firstly to Michael and Natasha for being an awesome couple who both make us very proud, every day and for all of the hard work involved in bringing the day together, despite the rain it was perfect in every way.
To everyone who made the day so special, to those who traveled great distances to be here, thank you; to Joe's sister Liz and her husband Pat, thank you for coming all the way from Scotland;
to my sister Sandra, you don't know how much it meant to me you being here, thank you:
To Sue for making it happen, you're a true friend
To Xcite for the hire of the marquee etc, for being true professionals who took all of the stress out of organising it all, I'll be thanking them directly, thank you.
They say it takes a Village (not necessarily to raise a child), and in this instance it supported the bride and groom well;
The Village Cafe chefs and staff who laid on the spectacular food, for taking care of the pig and beef roasts we provided, you're all awesome. A special mention must go to Genevieve, the cafe owner who went above and beyond organising the food and drinks; and for providing the most amazing grazing platter. Thank you so much for being part of a very special day.
And to Ally of Whatawhata village for being a bloody legend, I owe you a big bottle of wine!
Thank you to Wild River & Co at The Village for doing the most beautiful flowers 
and to the ladies at the Village Boutique thank you for making us all so darned gorgeous
To our good friends Glen and Monica for all of the very special photos you took, we really appreciate the time and effort involved.

Lastly I'd like to thank my hubby Joe, for providing the sperm that created our amazing son, who turned out to be such an amazing young man we're so very proud of.
And I really hope that's everyone, if I've forgotten to thank you, I'm sorry.

I have much more to share with you from after the wedding, a trip to the beach and Joe's birthday, hopefully I'll fine time to blog about those before we get right into Christmas.

Speak soon, bye for now

Sue
xxx

 


2 comments:

  1. Fab pics start to finish.. Feel great to think we can share on here your happy day.

    Relax now and catch you in 2019 sometime ..

    Cheers !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote a comment and it went into cyber space, don't know what happened. Anyhow, so glad to see a post from you Sue. The wedding looked like an amazing day, despite the rain. Everyone looked amazing. So nice to have the entire event at your home. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.