Tuesday, January 01, 2019

The last day of the year was spent at Hamilton Zoo - 31.12.18

We have a great zoo in Hamilton and it's always a good place to take visitors, and that's what we did yesterday.
Here is just a few of the photos I took, I always take loads, I'll put a link at the bottom if you want to see them all, great of you're suffering fro insomnia!
 Macaws
 Pygmy marmoset
 sun conure
 Cotton topped tamarin
 Capuchin monkeys
 Agouti
 Male Himalayan monal pheasant
 Female ecletus parrot
female Himalayan monal pheasant
 Love birds
 Agouti
 Red panda
 Ring tailed lemurs, some lucky people were having a close encounter with them
 

 Another fav, meerkats

 Kea
 Fantail taking a bath
 White rhino



 My absolute faves, the chimpanzees










 Siamang gibbon - we could hear these calling out as we left the zoo, they're rather loud!
 Brazilian tapir
 Sumatran tigers


 Unsure of this species
 New Zealand falcone
 Siesta time for this spider monkey
 In the "Savannah' 
Giraffes, ostrich, plains zebra, fallow deer,


 Painted hunting dog
 In the free flight aviary
Kaka

 Sacred kingfisher


 Tui
 Skink
 Green gecko
 Morepork

To see more click the link here 


Sue
xxx


1 comment:

  1. Awesome day out by the looks of it.. Such neat and interesting species Lol at the Zoo.

    Great photography too Sue

    Enjoy the break

    Cheers !!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.