Thursday, February 27, 2020

Te Pahus February Book choice

The Girl with Seven Names: A North Korean Defector’s StoryThe Girl with Seven Names: A North Korean Defector’s Story by Hyeonseo Lee

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


An incredible story of a truly remarkable young woman. Most people would have given up after all the adversity and set backs she endured after an act of teenage rebellion meant she could never return to her life in North Korea. An intelligent woman with an incredible sense of sheer determination, and a chance encounter with a complete stranger led to her ultimate goal, that of being reunited with her family. At times I thought I was reading George Orwell's 1984, some parts are quite shocking but the very last sentence moved me to tears. Great read, highly recommended.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation Sue - I look forward to reading this - might see if my library has it. My son has just read 1984 & cant stop talking about it - reckons we are getting just like it now!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.