Saturday, March 28, 2020

Rāhui - Day three

If truth be told this isn't really much different to what I usually do, it just has a different view! Although there could be more beach involved! There will be once this is over, as long as everyone sticks to the plan and stays home, the sooner we all do it the sooner we can leave our homes and go outside blinking into the sun, we might get to meet our neighbours. At the moment we are all just staying in touch by regular emails via our neighbourhood community watch thingie.
So what did we do today?
There was of course this first

View through the square window
  
You can glimpse the harbour from our deck, I got my proper camera out and popped the zoom lens on, I'll send Joe out tomorrow with the chainsaw and get him to cut down a few of those trees!

There was a bit of this going on today, this was taken at 12.45pm

My Dawn Hansen pottery from the Ugly Beautiful Studio says it's very happy to be at the beach

We have a few feijoa trees, feijoa cake tomorrow I think

As I had my camera out I took some photos of the plants in the garden

















 This is at the front of the house, it's a bit messy really.
It will get a tidy up at some point, it's on a slope and the grass is non existent, might have to lose the grass here, I certainly don't want to be buggering about mowing around that lot!

Later in the afternoon Joe carried on with some more cupboards in the garage

My mate kept me company and sat on my lap for ages

Eyes closed Dot!! Dozy tart.

I have a new fridge,  a Samsung.

It does this!!

That'll do today
Stay safe y'all 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love your Dawn Hansen pottery, very whimsical. I've never heard of the feijoa fruit. Maybe it isn't for export. Niiiiice fridge!!!! Looks like you have a really nice yard with lots of mature plants and trees. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like a year from now. I bet there'll be roses! I think Joe will have to go out at the dead of night dressed like a ninja to cut down those trees obstructing your view!!lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did suggest he take the chainsaw and set to it but he didn't seem keen :D The garden is much smaller than we had been used to, but it will be more than enough for us now. It seems more enclosed since Joe put up the fence

      Delete
  2. You got moved just in the nick of time. Looks a lovely out look.
    Hugs and stay safe, Ali.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, and perfect timing for lockdown!! Ah well I can think of far worse places to be locked down, stay safe x

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.