Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Rāhui - Days 4,5 & 6

I doubt I'll do a post every day, unless there's something interesting to share. There's been more sorting and organising, this time the garage. Joe assembled the cupboards he bought before lock down, and we've pretty filled them already, when it's all properly sorted I'll share photos then.

Day 5 - Monday
Joe, as I have mentioned previously, may have to work the occasional day to do maintenance at essential service sites, such as the dairies and power stations.
This was the case on Monday and Tuesday, hopefully it won't happen too often.

When sorting the garage on Sunday I found some more cookery books, one of these being my pickle and chutney bible. I made Feijoa relish as I had so many. There were so many in fact that I offered them to the neighbours. One of those neighbours started a Facebook page so that we can stay in touch, help each other out if need be. A few of those neighbours took me up on the offer and we 'met' over the deck railings, keeping our safe distance of course. Not the ideal way to meet people but it will do for now, I'm sure the whole neighbourhood will be longing for a social at the end of all this.

 



The recipe made 4 x 250ml jars, hardly 3 litres Digby mate!
 

I also made a feijoa cake, recipe below 
and because I could I had afternoon tea in the sunshine


Day 6 -Tuesday 

Not only do we have an abundance of feijoas, we have a rather rampant passionfruit vine.
What's a girl to do bu make passionfruit syrup



Joe's just got home, so I shall sign off for the day
but I will leave this here!!
Spell checker anyone?

Safe safe everyone and stay home!

4 comments:

  1. OOO thanks for posting the recipes... I have no feijoas but will buy some if I can and make that cake. I am going to buy two feijoa trees, might even try for a passionfruit vine too. Though in saying that, I've never been able to get one to grow so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame that you can't come and get some, I think you do need two so they pollinate each other. The vine here has gone nuts and heaving with fruit, the syrup is lovely by the way, very sweet!

      Delete
  2. Funny to read your post & then receive a text from my neighbour to say she can leave me a bag of feijoas in my letterbox if I want. So I definately said YES! I shall make a cake as I have your same recipe Sue. I LoVe your tea cosy. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.