Monday, April 13, 2020

Rahui - Day - no bloody idea!

I've officially lost track of where we are, I do know that we're in our third week. Things are looking good so far as total cases of Covid 19 goes, the numbers announced daily are getting less each time, sadly though we've had 4 deaths, our hearts go out to those who have lost  family members and were unable to be with them in their final moments. On the whole most people are staying at home, only going out for essential supplies which is encouraging but there are some who think they are a law unto themselves and do what the hell they please. I really don't understand their thought process to be honest, oh and don't get me started on conspiracy theorists!! I wonder if has ever occurred to them that conspiracy theories are in fact the conspiracy theories! If they spent less time worrying about those who are supposedly trying to control their lives and more time actually living it themselves, wouldn't that be better all around! But what do I know?
Anyway, back to living a life......I have to say that the weather has been pretty glorious, we've had the odd day of rain and last night was pretty wild but this morning, albeit gusty and a little cooler, it's still pretty good.
It's been perfect weather for walking with the dogs, yesterday was a two hour walk. I said to Joe we should head up to the main road and into the town center, then carry on to the Wharf, where we usually have fish and chips, and follow the shoreline all the way to Lorenzen Bay, essentially a big loop. It would have worked too but the tide beat us and we had to get back onto the road via the steps to Daisy Street. If we hadn't lounged in bed reading for an extra hour we would have had plenty of time, we'll try it again soon. In the meantime, here are some photos.


The mural on the water tank is rather lovely, not also the sign.


This is the view you see as you drive into Raglan, it's one we never tire of.
  
You can see the white caps of the waves breaking on the bar at the mouth of the harbour

I've never seen the main street this empty before

 
 
Mount Karioi again and Bow St jetty

To the right and out of shot is where the Orca restaurant is

A low lying branch of a gnarly old Pohutukakwa tree, makes a good seat

On Wallis St which takes you to the wharf, not sure if you can see the little boat sitting on the sand beneath the house on the right. I've always thought what a great spot the owners have and that little boat has been there ever since we've been coming, most likely long before too.

The view from the start of our shoreline walk from the wharf

  Okay so don't wait for me then Joe!!


Excuse the facial expression but I was trying to see what the hell I was taking a photo of.
Our destination was the point you can see in the distance, in the middle-ish of the picture

Behind me, the wharf

The tide on it's way in. Still room to walk at this stage.

Cox Bay where we let the dogs off the lead for a run, they had a whale of a time, charging through the waves and chasing seagulls, Dot even got cocky and chased a dog along the beach.
I got all this on video, or so I thought, then I realised I hadn't, bugger.

At the top of the steps to Daisy St is a bench, we sat for a while and just took in the view
Joe took a panoramic shot with his phone

That's me for the day, next time I'll do an update post of our new place and how we're getting on with sorting out and setting up, it's a slow process because we're stretching the jobs out.
Don't want to peak too soon

I'll leave you with one more photo of two cheeky buggers making themselves right at home!

Just one more, the less words said the better.....
Just because we're in lockdown doesn't mean you should let yourself go, just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.