Thursday, April 16, 2020

Rahui - Week 4

Fingers crossed that it is the last week at Alert Level 4, all indications are good. However our government is rightfully cautious and we as a nation need to not be complacent. We're not out of the woods yet, we'll find out on Monday if we are to drop to Level 3. When you see the figures of cases and deaths from around the world I am so pleased to be living in New Zealand, sadly to date there have been 9 deaths, all elderly people which is extremely sad, not the way they should have spent their last days. We have 1,401 confirmed and probable cases, 770 of those cases have recovered, so we're heading in the right direction, so keep up the good work everyone, Stay home, Stay safe.

We went for another walk today, before I share the photos from today there's another one I want to share, it's a bit of a skite really. Joe's phone keeps a track of walking/running etc, he sent me a screen shot of the long walk we took on Sunday, you can see the photos and the last blog post here 
This is how far we walked 

Today we did another long walk, almost the same way as before with one or two directional changes. We timed it right and managed to avoid the showers, making it home minutes before a big downpour.

Seeing things on a different route
Mt Karioi shrouded in cloud
The bar in the distance through iconic cabbage trees and a corrugated iron fence
 

Karioi and flax
 

Back on the beach from the wharf, the tide was much further out today





Red in the rocks, quite possibly iron oxide,
it's almost at the point we couldn't get past on Sunday because of the tide


The view from the point mentioned above, Lorenzen Bay.

We walked as far as the big rocks, by this time I was beginning to flag a bit and my knees and hip were starting to ache. It was a bit of a slow walk home but I got there in the end.
It's a good walk but I don't think I would want to do it more than twice a week, it's quite a distance.
Dot looking magnificient if not a little dirty!
 



On our way back, we were gasping for a cuppa.
Panoramic view of Lorenzen Bay

Here's the screen shot of today's walk

It took me a little while to recover, apart from being rather stiff, I'm fine now.

Other things

Two wet and chilly puppers who needed a bath when they got back from their walk with Joe yesterday


Rummikub challenge
We're having the odd game of Rummikub, at the end of Rahui we'll tally up the scores and see who the supreme champion is.
Joe's constipation  concentration face

Look after yourselves and stay safe

PS I know some of you have been having problems leaving a comment, so I've changed the settings, try it now and let's see if it works, thanks

4 comments:

  1. Well done on the huge walks, makes mine look pathetic! I can't wait till Level 3 happens, we will be able to come over and walk on YOUR beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any walk is a good walk, so keep it upx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went for a walk today. Not as scienic or as long as yours but we were very happy that it was sunny and 15C. Maybe Spring is finally here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we maybe appreciate the getting out more because of having to isolate, living where there is such nice scenery makes it so much nicer

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.