Sunday, April 26, 2020

Rahui - What day is it?

As of midnight tomorrow, Monday 27th April, we go to Alert level 3, so out of level 4. What does that mean? Technically it's pretty much the same as level 4 but some can return to work as long as social distancing is observed, some businesses and food outlets can open, as long as they can operate in a contact-less manner. We can now use the car to drive to the beach say BUT only of you stay local, if you need to drive more than 20 minutes then it's not deemed as local! Also you can extend your bubble but only by one or two people. Some schools are reopening for those people who can return to work and have no other childcare options available, those who prefer to keep their children home can do so. So basically we all have to continue what we are doing, as what we have been doing to date is working. All I hope is that some people don't think that this is an end to it and carry on as usual, it is NOT as usual, so stay home.

Joe is one of those who can return to work and he has already been in this past week to organise other staff's return. It's been rather stressful as it's not really going to be quite the same as it was before and some hard decisions may have to be made in the not too distant future.

So with all that in mind I was thinking Shit!! he's going back to work and not all the jobs got done!!
Yesterday we made a start hanging pictures

Edited to add the artist
https://www.joanneboweartist.com

Below is a gift from my brother, we sat on that hill looking at the view when the seeds of a life change were planted. We didn't know at that stage that we would end up in New Zealand we just knew that something had to change and as our 16th anniversary of our arriving here was Last Wednesday the 22nd, it seemed fitting that it was hung this week.

The inlet heads into Fowey harbour in Cornwall.

The picture of the fishing boat on the left was taken by me at the Wharf in Raglan, so it's come home.
The other of the sailing boat was taken at Lake Taupo
and the Tui was in the garden at the farm

Souvenirs from Australia

Now known as Aussie way

Another water colour of Fowey harbour

When we left the UK, a teacher I had worked with drew this for me,she is a very talented artist.

My Lazy Susan platter that becomes wall art when not in use

A new home in the hallway for the wedding frame

Uncle Don with some bloke called John Lennon!!

In the evening we sat outside and had a few drinks, it really is such a nice space and considering we are living again in town, very peaceful. I downloaded a star gazing app and we searched for the constellations, that was pretty good and very interesting

Joe tried my home brew apple cider. More like scrumpy really.

  
Enjoying a blush gin and tonic




This morning I found a praying mantis inside our bedroom window, it had just emerged from it's chrysalis, so I put her in the garden.  



I made some more feijoa relish and passionfruit syrup today, I've just printed off the labels, so I'll head off now and put them on the jars and bottles.
Be safe and stay home unless you are returning to work.
We can beat this thing, and we are beating it but we just need to be patient a little bit longer

12 comments:

  1. Looking really like home now the pictures are up, and some wonderful pictures as well. You didn't mention who did the birds picture?

    I haven't been able to get any pictures up as the walls are so solid, I can't get any nails in for the picture hooks! Very frustrating. I have just two pictures up, one on a small hallway wall, which was a stud wall, and one above my desk in the lounge where there was already a hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really beginning to feel like home, it's those personal touches that bring it all together. You might have to drill holes for your hooks mate, stay safe xx

      Delete
  2. Your new home is looking lovely with your personal touches/paints/art work etc. Let's hope we move to Level 2 soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't be too long so you can come have a drink on the deck :D And a walk to the beach

      Delete
  3. It's amazing how low your covid numbers are, lets hope they stay that way! Love all the art, especially the picture that the teacher did for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're doing really well aren't we, not out of the woods yet though. As long as people don't think that going down a level means life back to normal, if there's such a thing now.

      Delete
  4. Pictures on the walls make a house so homely, and I love the way each one has a memory attached to it. Glad you are settling in so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have more to go yet but I might have to restrict them to the special ones. Hope all is well in your bubble

      Delete
  5. Yes you seem to be really at home there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job really hahah, we're looking forward to being able to go to the cafes once they're open, and I'm really looking forward to fish and chips on the wharf

      Delete
  6. 송파오피【bamclick1。com】◈밤클릭◈ ⟐송파마사지⟐송파안마⟐송파유흥⟐송파휴게텔⟐송파풀싸롱⟐송파키스방⟐송파건마⟐송파리얼돌⟐송파출장안마⟐송파룸싸롱⟐송파OP

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Webbers, increible site!!!
    Thank you for your blog

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.